Saturday 31 March 2012

Great EGGS-spectations!

So here is my update!

I had my egg retrieval done on Thursday morning.  I have been in  quite a bit of pain since then. My stomach is so bloated. I have terrible gas that does not seem to want to come out. If anyone has any ideas how I can get it out...DO TELL!
Anyway, back to my egg retrieval , the doctor was able to retrieve 19 eggs! They called us from the lab yesterday and told us that out of the 19 eggs, 14 were mature and out of the 14, 10 fertilized! We are so excited. So now we have to wait till Day three to see how many are on track to make it to Day 5 the blastocyst stage. I am guessing we may actually have 3 or 4 embryos!
My surrogate has been AMAZING. She has been so positive and cheerful throughout this whole process. She had to take injections and pills to get her lining to the point it has to be for the embryo transfer on Tuesday morning. I actually cannot believe we are at this point. 
Even though I do not know the outcome yet, whether it works or does not work, I now God has a plan for my life and he is working everything out for my good.I am so grateful for this journey. I never thought I would say that...but it has really tought me so much. Patience, perseverance and endurance being the three  key things! 


2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a TON of eggs! Good luck! I use GasX or Gaviscon from the drug store - not sure how much it helps, but I like to feel like I am doing something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somehow my computer does not let me see the "comment" area sometimes in people's blogs. So I decided to replied this way. Sorry A.K.A.

      First I am so SUPER EXCITED FOR YOU GIRL! woo hoo! crossing my fingers and toes for you and so happy you like your surrogate! Just say to your-self that a baby or babies are going to happen for you and your dh very very soon!

      My dh has taught me in life to "think positive" which is a very difficult lesson for me to learn but i'm trying! Oh man, bloated stomach and gas that does not want to come out..brings back memories of me shortly after my surgery...it was super uncomfortable! I just waited it out but probably something like what CS suggested might help. I hope it does so you can feel a bit more comfy!!
      please let us know how everything goes!
      Take good care of yourself and your health! very important!
      Hope to see you soon at our next meetup!!! I am so coming out ..feeling much better and wanna see you girls!

      Delete